Competitive Program In Sault Ste. Marie
Studio Dance Arts offers a competitive dance program for boys and girls. This program is geared towards the student wanting a more serious approach to dance education. Mandatory technique and choreography classes are involved, as well as traveling to different cities to compete at dance competitions. Teamwork and camaraderie are learned, while the SDA Company travels throughout North America.
2021-2022 FULL SEASON
Our full dance season is a program that runs for a TOTAL 35 WEEKS.
- Term 1: September 11, 2021 – December 18, 2022 (14 weeks)
- Term 2: January 3 – June 4, 2022 (21 weeks)
- Recital Week: June 6-12, 2022
The season culminates with performances at our Year End Show (recital).
2021-2022 IMPORTANT DATES
- September 1 DUE: 1st tuition installment
- September 11 Classes commence
- October 1 DUE: 2nd tuition installment
- October 11 CLOSED Thanksgiving Monday
- October 22 DUE: COMPETITIVE Costume Deposits ($100 per costume * remaining balances due upon arrival)
- November 1 DUE: 3rd tuition installment
- November 15 DUE: RECREATIONAL Recital Costume Fees
- December 1 DUE: 4th tuition installment
- December 15 DUE: Competition Entry Fees #1
- December 19-January 2 CLOSED Christmas/New Year’s break
- January 1 DUE: 5th tuition installment
- January 15 DUE: Competition Entry Fees #2
- February 1 DUE: 6th tuition installment
- February 21 CLOSED Family Day Monday
- March 1 DUE: 7th tuition installment
- March 13-20 CLOSED March break
- March 31-April 3 COMPETITION EVENT #1
- April 1 DUE: 8th tuition installment
- April 15 CLOSED Good Friday
- May 1st DUE: 9th tuition installment
- May 5-8 COMPETITION EVENT #2
- May 23 CLOSED Victoria Day Monday
- June 1 DUE: 10th tuition installment (FINAL) & any previous unpaid balance
- June 4 Last day of classes
- June 6-12 SAULT STE. MARIE Recital Week
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE SDA COMPANY?
If you are interested in becoming a member of our award winning competitive dance team, please contact the studio to schedule your assessment.