“A bend in the road is not the end of the road… Unless you fail to make the turn." Helen Keller
VIRTUAL classes start week of APRIL 20, 2020!
Hello dancers & parent/guardians,
We hope you are healthy, well, and safe during this extraordinary time of COVID-19.
During the past week, we have been working diligently on re-inventing the studio in order to stay connected with you through dance. This process has been very interesting and challenging, but also surprisingly rewarding, as it has forced us to “think outside the box.”
Dancers, are taught to take risks and to “dance outside of our comfort zones.”
As a result (and thanks to technology), we are excited to announce that Studio Dance Arts will be going VIRTUAL!
- To create a sense of normalcy in this very abnormal time
- To create a positive & fun distraction – “Let’s turn and pivot to something new!”
- To keep our dance families connected with familiarity
- To keep the body moving, the mind active, and to have a bit of fun!
- To keep your technique up as much as possible for when we return
- To keep us all engaged and focused on purpose and perseverance
- To help ensure that small businesses (like ours) survives this period of uncertainty
COST OF VIRTUAL PROGRAM
We are very sensitive to the fact that this might be a difficult time for you. It definitely is for us.
After much thought as to how we can continue to run our classes virtually (and still meet the needs of every family and the circumstances they may be faced with), please note the following:
- IF YOUR FAMILY INCOME HAS NOT BEEN AFFECTED, we ask that you pay the Virtual tuition. We thank you for your continued support.
- IF YOUR FAMILY INCOME HAS DECREASED due to COVID-19 and you need assistance, please reply to this email and we can support you privately to come up with a discounted Virtual tuition solution. We will work with you.
- IF YOUR FAMILY INCOME HAS BEEN DEVASTATED, please reply to this email so that we are aware. We will offer a “Compassion Scholarship” to your child, so that they will be able to participate in our Virtual classes.
We want as many of you as possible to “get up and move” and “dance” through this time. Any payment issues will not be an obstacle.
Financials will never be discussed with other families and NEVER with your child. Your child can take virtual dance classes until we resume at the studio. We thank you for your continued support.
VIRTUAL MONTHLY TUITION
- Virtual program STARTS WEEK of APRIL 20
- Runs in MONTHLY sessions (4 weeks at a time)
- Pay month to month (prepaid on the first lesson of each monthly session)
- Paid using your payment method on file OR via eTransfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
RECREATIONAL VIRTUAL PROGRAM (Live classes)
- 1 class per week: $25 per month + hst
- 2 classes per week: $50 per month + hst
- REC Student Unlimited $65 per month + hst (unlimited classes per week)
- REC Family Unlimited: $100 per month + hst (unlimited siblings, unlimited classes)
Schedule (each class approx. 30 minutes in length)
- 2:00-2:30pm REC 1 hiphop
- 2:45-3:15pm REC 1 tap
- 3:30-4:00pm REC 2/3 hiphop
- 4:15-4:45pm REC 2/3 tap
- 2:00-2:30pm REC 1 ballet
- 2:45-3:15pm REC 1 jazz
- 3:30-4:00pm REC 2/3 ballet
- 4:15-4:45pm REC 2/3 jazz
- 10:00-10:30am Preschool
- 10:45-11:15am Kinder Ballet
- 11:30-12:00pm Kinder Combo
COMPETITIVE VIRTUAL PROGRAM (Mix of Live and pre-recorded classes)
Custom created program:
- COMP Student: $65-100 per month + hst (all classes, plus CLI Studios online resource access)
- COMP Family Unlimited: $110 per month + hst (unlimited siblings, unlimited classes, plus CLI Studios online resource access)
Schedule (each class approx. 30-45 minutes in length):
COMPANY PT (PART TIME) - $65 per month + hst
- 3:30-4:00pm hiphop
- 4:15-4:45pm tap
- 3:30-4:00pm ballet
- 4:15-4:45pm jazz
COMPANY 1 (MINI) - $65 per month + hst
- 2:00-2:30pm hiphop
- 2:45-3:15pm tap
- 2:00-2:30pm ballet
- 2:45-3:15pm jazz
COMPANY 2 (JUNIOR) - $90 per month + hst
- Mondays 2:00-2:30pm jazz
- Tuesdays 2:00-2:30pm ballet
- Wednesdays 2:00-2:30pm tap
- Thursdays 2:00-2:30pm open
COMPANY 3/4 (INTERMEDIATE/SENIOR) - $100 per month + hst
- Mondays 2:45-3:30pm jazz
- Tuesdays 2:45-3:30pm ballet
- Wednesdays 2:45-3:30pm tap
- Thursdays 2:45-3:30pm open
HOW TO REGISTER
If you'd like to join our virtual classes:
- Email the studio with the classes you'd like to do at: email@example.com
You'll then receive more information about these Zoom classes, schedule, virtual staff, etc.
We hope you consider all of our above options, so that we can continue to work together and bring normalcy to your dancer. Your continued support in our small business also gives us hope that we can continue to provide dance education in our community for years to come.
We are deeply grateful for all your support!
The SDA Team
TIPS - HOW TO ZOOM WITH US
- Try to find a space where it's quiet and distraction free (no pets, TV, or cell phones in the background would be helpful)
- Teachers will try to keep class content as "stationary" as possible
- Don't forget to move any furniture pieces that might be in the way
- It's ok if you dance on carpet, tile, hardwood, etc. (work with what you have)
- Recommendation - create your little "studio space" and test out your laptop, computer, view angles, audio levels, etc. And don't forget to always have your batteries fully charged before class (if you're using batteries)
WHAT TO WEAR
- You can wear your specific class dress code if you'd like, but it is NOT mandatory
- Just keep hair off your face (bun or ponytail, etc.)
- For shoes, you can wear your specific class shoe or socks, bare feet, clean sneakers work, etc. (it's ok if you don't have tap shoes or a tap surface). Again, work with what you have
SIGNING IN TO YOUR ZOOM CLASS
- Arrive and sign in early if possible (about 5-10 minutes PRIOR to class start time)
- Upon entering, you'll be in our WAITING ROOM
- We will do "attendance" and only allow students entry who are on our registered list (for your security and ours)
- If we don't recognize a name in the Waiting Room, we will not allow them entry
- As this is a completely NEW system for you (and us!), we'll all have to be patient the first week, in case any issues need to be fixed.
- If you can't figure something out during the class - please use the CHAT feature in that class. We'll answer your question on their and try to chat you through resolving it
Most of all, have an open mind, be patient with yourselves, realize this is a NEW way of learning - and HAVE FUN!