COMPETITIVE CHEER (ALL-STARS)
Competitive cheerleading is when cheer squads compete against each other at a competition.
At a typical cheerleading competition, teams perform a 2 and a half minute routine with music that includes stunts, jumps, tumbling. Teams are judged by a panel of cheerleading experts on difficulty and execution.
Teams compete based on age and difficulty level (1-6, 6 being the most difficult). It is a co-ed program welcoming both boys & girls (6yrs+).
Our team CHEER NORTH competes on average 1 to 2 events out of town per season.
2021-2022 FULL SEASON
Our full season is a program that runs for a TOTAL 35 WEEKS.
- Term 1: September 11, 2021 – December 18, 2022 (14 weeks)
- Term 2: January 3 – June 4, 2022 (21 weeks)
- Recital Week: June 6-12, 2022
The season culminates with performances at our Year End Show (recital).
2021-2022 IMPORTANT DATES (COMPETITIVE)
- September 1 DUE: 1st tuition installment
- September 11 Classes commence
- October 1 DUE: 2nd tuition installment
- October 11 CLOSED Thanksgiving Monday
- October 18 Monday practices commence
- October 22 DUE: COMPETITIVE Team Uniform deposit (50% of total cost * remaining balance due upon arrival in January)
- November 1 DUE: 3rd tuition installment
- November 15 DUE: RECREATIONAL Recital Costume Fees
- December 1 DUE: 4th tuition installment
- December 15 DUE: Competition entry fees
- December 19-January 2 CLOSED Christmas/New Year’s break
- January 1 DUE: 5th tuition installment
- February 1 DUE: 6th tuition installment
- February 11-13 COMPETITION EVENT #1 (Cheer Evolution Ontario Championships) - Kitchener, Ontario
- February 21 CLOSED Family Day Monday
- March 1 DUE: 7th tuition installment
- March 13-20 CLOSED March break
- April 1 DUE: 8th tuition installment
- April 15 CLOSED Good Friday
- May 1st DUE: 9th tuition installment
- May 23 CLOSED Victoria Day Monday
- June 1 DUE: 10th tuition installment (FINAL) & any previous unpaid balance
- June 4 Last day of classes
- June 6-12 SAULT STE. MARIE Recital Week
2021-2022 WEEKLY SCHEDULE
Practices held at 610 Queen Street East (Studio Dance Arts):
- Monday 5:30-6:30pm with coach Tara
- Wednesday 7:30-8:30pm with coach Tara
- All athletes must wear white shoes with white socks.
- Please make sure white shoes are being worn to practice.
- If your child has indicated they are a “flyer” for any part of the routine, we highly recommend and encourage they get Cheer Nfinity branded shoes.
- Locally, Steeltown Shoes on John Street has a few pairs left in stock for Nfinity brand cheer shoes.
- Flyer specific Infinity branded shoes will be the Flyte and Vengence series. However, this brand has other white cheer options as well.
- Link to the Nfinity shoe company: https://www.nfinity.
- All athletes should come to practice wearing clothing that is blue, black, or white, in accordance with our team colours. Clothing does not have to be CNA specific, although there is CNA merchandise available to order in our office store.
- Practice wear from previous seasons is also appropriate.
HEAD COACH - TARA SLUMSKIE
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
If you are interested in joining our Competitive All Star Team, fill out the online registration below.
An assessment appointment with coach Tara will be made for you.